Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm a Lousy Prognosticator

Well, I went back to see how I picked the major league races as the 2009 season opened, and boy was my crystal ball cloudy! I only nailed two of the division winners, the Angels and the Dodgers, though I did have both the Yankees and Red Sox making the playoffs (with the former as the wild card, instead of the winningest team in baseball, revealing by deep-seated Yankee hatred). My worst selection? The Mets, who totally collapsed behind numerous injuries to finish twenty-odd games under .500. I did predict the resurgence of the Braves, though they fell a bit short of my projected second place finish in the NL East. It turned out that I was considerably over optimistic about the Indians, Padres and especially the Royals (Zack Greinke wasn't enough to vault them out of the cellar); and too pessimistic about the Giants, Twins, and Mariners. You can see my full predictions here; feel free to lob some taunts my way-- I deserve them.

No comments: