Wednesday, October 28, 2009

World Series Prediction

I have been thwarted at every step of this baseball season, as far as either picking the winners or seeing teams I like succeed. I was wrong on virtually all of the division races (I think I got two out of six), missed on the wild card teams, was .500 in the division series, but missed on both of the League Championships (I really wanted an all-LA World Series, if only to avoid the prospect of the World Series unfolding amidst snow showers). I have to admit that despite all of those misses, this does shape up as being a pretty good Series, with two extremely powerful and well-matched teams going at each other. I'm picking the Phillies, because I am constitutionally incapable of saying anything positive about the Yankees. But given my recent track record, if I actually want Philadelphia to prevail, I probably should back the AL champs. I'm not going to do that, mainly because I'm not really a fan of the Phillies, and if they lose, that'll just feed my ongoing hatred the Yankees, which I've been cultivating for thirty plus years. So, in a way, I really can't lose. Here's hoping for a seven game Series, so that we can (at least figuratively) delay winter as long as possible (snow or no snow in the Northeast).

No comments: