Monday, October 12, 2009

One Year Anniversary

I thought I might note that today is the first birthday of Dr. John's Journal. My first post went up exactly one year ago. At the time I thought I'd do well to get three posts up a week, but pretty soon I was averaging more than that per day. It helps that early on I fell into a couple of grooves with the quotes, favorite paintings, and of course the Friday Family Blogging. I started the blog primarily to share pictures of my Italy trip last year, and that might've been part of my motivation to improve my picture taking generally (since I now had someplace to post those that turned out pretty well). I've also enjoyed writing about the movies seen and books read-- and feel like the effort to set down my reactions to such things has helped me sharpen my writing in other areas (as in a couple of journal articles I'm finishing up). So all-in-all, it's been a great year for me here in cyperspace (does anyone call it that anymore?), and I'm looking forward to keeping it up for as long as I can. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Happy Anniversary Dr John,
It has been a lot of fun reading along with you this past year... here's to many more =)
Lil' Sis

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dr. John. I have really enjoyed your blog and hope it continues for many more years. Mom