Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wow!

I just watched the Minnesota Twins win a twelve-inning, back-and-forth, nail biter against the Detroit Tigers to win the American League Central Division crown. The Twins came from out of nowhere over the last couple of weeks to run down the Tigers and tie them on the last weekend of the season, setting up this one-game playoff. I have to say I was pulling for the Tigers, but it was such an entertaining game to watch that it's hard to begrudge the Twins their victory. There were a number of clutch performances on both sides, and every time the lead changed, right up to the end, you figured the other guys were a good bet to come back (and they did, over and over throughout the game). It's so gratifying to watch athletes perform with such intensity and heart. I know that I'll be pulling for the Twins to stomp the Yankees, their first round adversaries. I guess I should go back and look at my pre-season picks to see how I did... look for that a little later tonight.

No comments: