Friday, October 23, 2009

Soup Diary 091023

Finally, a soup I can really rave about! The potato leek soup (complete with fried onion garnish) at the Alehouse brew pub in Bozeman is really, really good. In fact, it was easily the best part of the meal I had there a couple nights ago prior to the Hold Steady show. When I was a kid, my Mom made potato soup pretty often, and so it has real comfort food connotations for me; the oniony twist on this version made it near perfect, and the crunchy onions on top were an extra treat. This is one I'm going to try and make myself sometime, though I doubt I'll nail it so well as the chef (or my Mom!). When I find a soup this good, it makes me want to go out looking for something else to tickle my palette, but it looks like my travels are winding down for awhile (and there is no place here in Dillon to get good soup). I guess that should just be more incentive to try and make my own.

No comments: