Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Soup Diary 091021

One last post on soup I had in Vegas: fideo soup at the top-rated Mexican restaurant in the city. Much like our visit to the Indian place, I was looking forward to something else-- hoping they would have a nice black bean soup on offer, but no. The fideo soup, a vermicelli noodle deal in a clear tomato-y beef broth came as part of the lunch combo. It was okay, but nothing special, just noodles in broth, nicely seasoned, but not particularly memorable. I also had some mole pablano chicken, which is a spicy chocolately concoction, and within a bite or two made me forget I'd even had any soup (until this morning-- so this is a catch-up post). I think it's about time that I get around to making something new on my own if I really want something special. Maybe this weekend I'll do some experimenting.

No comments: