Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday's Words of Wisdom

Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965) was once governor of Illinois and also served as the US ambassador to the United Nations in the early sixties. He also ran for president a couple times, and lines like this one make me think he would've been a good one:

"I believe that if we really want human brotherhood
to spread and increase until it makes life safe and
sane, we must also be certain that there is no one
true faith or path by which it may spread."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always been a great admirer of Adlai Stevenson, and I agree he might have been a good president. However I believe he is in error when he said this. If one looks at history and the men and women who truly spread and increased human brotherhood, one finds men and women who professed and truly practiced the one true faith....people like Thomas More and Philip Neri and Mother Theresa of Calcutta. Mom