Wednesday, May 19, 2010

European Trip 44

Today's photos come from teh last day of our trip (or at least, the last day spent mostly off an airplane). I figured I ought to sneak in one of me (taken by Ben), as we were waiting for some in our group to change their last few dollars for Czech crowns.

I think I mentioned the several big bookstores we checked out yesterday. Here's a shot in one of them of a statue of what looks like Albert Einstein heading for the checkout.

Here you see some of the craft stalls set up in all the big squares to take advantage of the tourists in town for Easter week. We did a fair amount of our souvenir shopping in these "shops."

In this shot, I just like the odd juxtaposition of the store signs in Czech, and the big poster advertising O'Reilly's "Biggest" Irish Pub. It was pretty clear that Prague caters to its out-of-town visitors in many ways.

I just liked the way this shot turned out. Once again the setting is Wenceslas Square (and despite all the pictures, I promise we didn't really spend all our time there).

Prague really isn't a place to view wildlife, and I suppose when you come right down to it, pigeons are as urban as any other two-legged inhabitants of the city.

No comments: