Sunday, May 16, 2010

European Trip 41

Today I have some assorted street scenes from Prague. Above you see a plaque on a house that seems to commemorate some victim of the Second World War. We couldn't determine if these were folks who died resisting the Nazis or possibly victims of the Holocaust, but we saw several wandering around the city.

Like a lot of old European cities, many of the streets are very narrow, and it's kind of surprising to stumble across something interesting in them. Here I'm not so much thinking of the guy in the green top hat so much as the small statues lining the balcony above.

As was evident from the shots I posted yesterday, there are also a lot of buildings that seem to have been designed not just for architectural effect, but to serve as places to mount other types of decorative effects.

This is just a quick street shot in Wenceslas Square. Sometimes I just hold my point-and-shoot camera down at my side and indiscriminately hit the button. This picture is one result of that method (which, by the way, turns into something interesting about once out of a hundred shots).

This one was actually composed-- I just liked the bustle of the busy intersection.

This is another "hip-shot"-- maybe the best one I got out of the whole trip. The bored puppet-master peddling his wares by demonstrating how they work.

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
In the second last photo - are you sure it was the bustle that attracted you??? I would have guessed it was the three lovely ladies you seemed to have captured LOL ;)
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Definitely one of the appealing parts of the scene ;-)
Dr. John