Friday, May 14, 2010

European Trip 39

I don't know if there are too many places where you see blacksmiths as street performers, but you do in Prague (at least three during our perambulations). They attract quite a crowd and seem to be particularly adept at producing iron flowers of various sizes.

This little restaurant on a side street caught my attention with its specials board, tempting me with its pork knees in beer. But it was too early for lunch, so I walked on.

This was a little grocery store a little further up the street. Not too surprisingly, the only recognizable label in the window was Coca Cola.

We were walking towards the river, and passed by this little canal, which reminded me a bit of Venice.

This looked like a nice spot to stop for a bite, but like so much else, though I wanted to get back at some point, I never did. Doesn't it look like a nice place to while away an hour or two?

And then we arrived at the river, and crossed on Karluv Most, which appears to be the oldest (and most ornate) of the various bridges across the Vlatava. This is the view looking north.

No comments: