Monday, May 17, 2010

European Trip 42

Today I've got a few more of those "hip shot" photos I took while wandering around Prague. The poster of the Duke caught my attention above, though no one else seemed terribly interested.

My friend Bill insisted that the only place in the world where one can get a doner (gyro) was Berlin-- so naturally I needed to snap the above proof of the contrary. They even call it the same thing in the Czech Republic.

Maybe this girl bought her puppet from teh storekeeper I featured yesterday. She wasn't quite so adept at making it walk.

The beggars in Prague are really dramatic about their profession. We saw a number of men prostrate and motionless like this guy at various tourist-oriented spots around the city.

Evidently, marionettes are a big thing in Prague, almost as ubiquitous as the theatrical masks all over Venice.

I just like the way this one turned out, with the weird angles created by the umbrellas. Tomorrow: a few more hip shots, including maybe a couple shot at night.

No comments: