Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Family Blogging Quiz

This picture of Nick and Helen was taken about two years ago. The question is, what is the closest body of water to where this shot was taken? Place your guesses in the comments section.

Last week, I had the greatest outpouring of contestants since I started doing these quizzes last fall, all trying to identify the denim clad knee in the corner of a picture of Helen from three years ago. I'm sorry to burst my brother-in-law Tom's overly confident bubble, but he did not get the answer right; he can, however, accept some deflected glory in the fact that his son Ben (who hedged his bets a little) did. The knee belonged to Natalie. Thanks to all who played, and let's see your names appearing again in the comments with guesses on this week's stumper!

6 comments:

cate said...

ok I will start this week and guess the niagra river/erie canal, probably on a walk with Uncle John.
Cate

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cate - it's the Niagara River - along the gorge near the whirlpools. Mom

Anonymous said...

I'll say lake ontario up at old fort niagara.
tom.

Ben said...

i say it's by the long hous under the brig by the canal.

Anonymous said...

I would like to revise my guess, Ben and I were talking and I told him I tought it was by the long homestead. I hope he didn't use my answer because I hear this months prize is a trip to Germany.
feeling lucky tom.

Anonymous said...

What about Ellicot Creek?
Sally