Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!



Thirteen years ago today, one of my favorite people made his first appearance in the world: my nephew Ben. Many happy returns on the day, Benjamino-- and here's a little photolog of some highlights of those thirteen years (or at least moments when someone was pointing a camera at him):

I like this photo a lot (anyone know who took it?) . Ben seems perfectly relaxed despite sister Natalie having him in a headlock.

I figured i had to have at least one shot that might cause Ben a little embarrassment, so I'm going with him in the reindeer antlers above.

Remember when this was taken? We found this pleasant stream in New Hampshire and stopped to cool off a bit. Shortly after this picture was taken, Ben defied all expectations (yeah, right) and fell in the water.

Kid's got a nice smile, don't ya think?

But sometimes, it's a little forced.

Little known Ben-Fact: he awakens every morning around 5 a.m. to prepare breakfast for the entire family-- and he's been doing it since he was four! I understand his eggs benedict are spectacular, though I've never been invited over to try them ;-(

Here's Ben in long-hair mode, a semi-perpetual state in recent years.

This is the only recent photo I have handy. Anyone care to comment on what might have caused that bemused look on Ben's face?

Happy Birthday Ben-- I hope you have a great day!

No comments: