Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Family Blogging Quiz

I know this will be hard to believe, but the above photo is of Helen, not Emma (though Helen was about the age her sister is now when this was shot). The question I pose to you is: whose knee is that in the lower left hand corner of the picture? Put your guesses in the comments section. Quick hint: the picture was taken during the Fourth of July reunion in 2006.

Last week, I asked you to spin a little yarn about what was going on in a picture taken of Ben and Natalie at the Tifft Nature Preserve. Lil Sis talked herself out of the wrong answer in the only response (the only response!? Come on folks-- I thought you liked to play these games!), and actually hit on the right answer (though for the wrong reason). Ben and Natalie were indeed collecting stones, not to save, but to toss at a large snake sunning itself on a branch in the lagoon. We were all wondering if it was dead or alive and thought we could tell if the snake responded to being splashed (or hit directly). It was all in the interests of science, I assure you (and to put an end to the suspense: it was very much alive and a lot quicker than we would've thought considering that we all thought it was dead).

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture was taken at Gramma's house - but it sure is not my knee, John. I will guess Aunt Sara's as we all know she is just dotty over the little ones. Mom

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
If it was during the time we were in town, I would guess it was Marenka's knee. She is always rolling up her jeans
Lil' Sis

Anonymous said...

eileens knee!
Did you make it to the "pharmacy" man?

Anonymous said...

I say Catie.
Sally

John Hajduk said...

Folks,
There are still a lot of possibilities, so get your guesses in! And yes, Tom, I did get to the pharmacy, and almost knocked over a craft tent on my way out of the parking lot.
Dr. John

T said...

Could it be Maria?

T

Anonymous said...

i think it's mine or natalie's knee.
is it ok that i have 2 people?

Ben

cate said...

ok I will guess my Sara's knee. I am thinking it probablly is someone on the younger side anyway as they are sitting on the floor!!!!
Cate

Anonymous said...

Oh and one more thing. When you started this John you had prizes! have I missed those in the last buch of quizzes!!!!

Lil' Sis said...

Prizes Smizes- I never got the promised prizes from the very beginning- photos, foriegn currency whatever it was. I guess he just gave up on it since he couldn't guarantee delivery of them ;P
Lil' Sis

cate said...

Well, I have to say I did get the chocolate bar for my prize oh those many months ago.
Catherine

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
I have a framed picture for you, but I haven't been out to visit to pass it along (and I'm notoriously slow about putting things in the mail-- by the way, did Richard get the discs I sent?). I'm pretty sure that I did distribute some foreign coins (Euros) to several winners on my last visit out west-- did I miss you? I did stop promising prizes exactly for the reason stated-- too hard to make sure I actually get them out. But every winner does get to bask in the glow of victory for at least a week (until the next quiz)!
Dr. John

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey,people people people, all I'm saying is give to Ceasar what is Ceasar. All Hail Tom I mean Ceasar!!

Anonymous said...

i want my prize !!! ha ha
ben

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Yes the discs came in the mail I think on Friday.
Lil' Sis