Friday, July 10, 2009

Soup Diary 090710

Zucchini has got to be the most nondescript vegetable out there. Today I enjoyed a bowl of zucchini rosemary soup at Fables, but I'd be hard-pressed to have actually recognized the flavor of any squash in the mix. The rosemary on the other hand was pretty much front and center, along with the onions and potatoes. This was very chunky and filling concoction, but I have to admit that I probably won't order it again unless it happens to be a very cold winter day (it did have a very warm, stick-to-your-ribs kind of character).

Unrelated-to-soup footnote: in the dining area at Fables they have a silent TV running in the corner perpetually tuned to Headline News. On each of my last four visits, Michael Jackson has been the sole topic of coverage. Even acknowledging the man's popularity and influence, isn't that rather excessive, and indicative of an even more critical "death:" that of a vibrant and useful media in this country?

No comments: