Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Photographic Experiments

Continuing with my recent efforts to figure out how to take good pictures at night, I decided to see if I could capture some of the fireworks display witnessed last night at Niawanda Park in Tonawanda. These are the ones that turned out best (out of about 45 pictures).

I was shooting with a tripod, which I think helped a lot, but even so, most of the pictures I took are pretty mundane. The ones above and below were about the best.

I think that all things considered, spending time capturing these images (that is, monkeying with angles and settings) meant I couldn't enjoy the show the way I usually do, and the photos themselves (even the better ones) ultimately fall short of fully recording the experience, especially without the attendant ka-booms. So next year I may leave the camera at home and just enjoy the display in the moment.

No comments: