Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Family Blogging Quiz

This photo of Nicky and Natalie is cropped. In the original, there is a toy just to their left (your right), one that has been enjoyed by virtually all the grandkids who have frolicked in Gramma's backyard over the years (I say "virtually" because, while all have played with it, maybe it's going out on a limb to assume they all enjoyed the experience-- or am I just being obtuse to throw you off the scent?). What is it?

In last week's quiz, you were asked to identify who was standing just off-camera in a picture of the Banning kids. I guess everyone bowed to Lil Sis' expertise, because she was th only one to guess, and as it happens, guess right (or maybe it wasn't a guess... maybe Lizzie had some inside information, hmmm?). Anyway, congratulations to Lizzie, and let's see if we can't get more contributors this week.

Several weeks ago, I opened up a vote on which rock star a particular picture of Nik most resembled. After tallying up the votes, the winner is... Bob Dylan with a grand total of two tallies (no one else got more than one). So I guess it's official: Nik looks like the grand old man of folk rock, at least the way he looked in his sixties prime. Thanks to everyone who voted (and if you didn't, why not?). Notice I'm putting a lot of questions in parentheses today (do you think that's a positive trend?).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the missing toy might be a set of golf clubs which invariably found its way into the yard and scattered about - I don't believe anyone actually played golf with them.
Sally

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't classify it as a toy, exactly, but all the grand children enjoyed the little motorcycle that Dad made for them. It was always a part of the back yard fun. Just yesterday, Nikoli and Helen were trying to chop down the tree with the golf clubs while Emma was doing her best to get on the motorcycle. Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree with grama, the motorcycle


Ben

Anonymous said...

tom and the little mermaid, formerly known as natalie, say it is the golf clubs. Which brings up an argument, are mermaids mammals?

John Hajduk said...

I think mermaids are mammals, but then, my zoological chops are nothing to write home about ;-)
Dr. John