Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Week's Quiz

In last week's Family Quiz, you were asked to tell me what classic rock star Nik most resembled in this photo:

For each of the guesses I received, I tried to find a picture that sort of matches with what I think the guesser had in mind. They are as follows, starting with Bob Dylan (Sally's guess):

Lizzie thought Nik looked a bit like Ric Ocasek from the Cars (and certainly the two have first names that rhyme):

Theresa thought maybe Bono out of U2:

Catie said cousin Gerik, who isn't a rock star yet, but is definitely already a first-rate musician (on the trumpet). I couldn't find a picture of Gerik in shades, but if you cover the left side of his face in this picture, you kind of get the same effect:

I actually thought that Nik most resembled Lou Reed from his days in the Velvet Underground:

So, rather than me just picking a winner this week subjectively, I thought I would put it up to a vote. Which of the above do YOU think look the most like Nik in the very top picture? Put your votes in the comments section. And if you still have another candidate (especially if you can provide a link to a picture), maybe we'll have another runoff vote with those nominees as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Bob Dylan, mostly because of his wild hair. Nik's hair looks combed in this picture - but you should see him when he gets out of bed in the morning - Yeah - Bob Dylan all the way. Mom

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Sorry mom but the question was about the photo (and not what he looks like in the morning when the majority of us never see it ;). I still think he looks like the guy from Cars, but I can see John's point of Lou Reed (the position in both photo's look very similar)
Lil' Sis

Anonymous said...

i think he looks kind of like joel madden from good charlotte-

http://www.celebrity-sunglasses-finder.com/image-files/joel_madden-2.jpg

natalie

Anonymous said...

I'm sticking with Bob Dylan.
Sally