Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Evening Sky Over Tonawanda

In the past I've posted some images of the stunning skies over Montana. This evening there was a nice sunset over the Niagara River in my hometown of Tonawanda, NY. Even if it isn't quite as spectacular as the splendid vistas of the west, I thought it was quite nice, and somewhat enhanced by the bevy of ducks floating through the scene.

Later note: as Sally notes in the comments, these are of course geese (well, all but the one on the far left). What can I say, I'm a historian, not an ornithologist!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John, these are Canada Geese, with one lonely duck floating on the left.
Sally

John Hajduk said...

Sally,
You know I actually wrote geese first and changed it, and I don't know why. I must've had Joe Penner on my mind... (maybe Mom can explain that one).
Dr. John