Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Soup Diary 090630

Remember the Seinfeld episode about the Soup Nazi? Jerry gives Elaine a taste of his crab bisque, and she immediately has to sit down, it is so overwhelmingly good? Today I had what was probably the soup of the summer (so far)-- something called Sweet Potato Poblano-- and it practically had the same effect on me, except that I was already sitting. It was a creamy, peppery concoction that just got better and better with each spoonful. I'm anticipating about another eight or ten bowls of untried varieties of soup over the next few weeks, but I doubt I'll have anything that was so savory and delicious. If it's still on the menu the next time I visit Fables, I'll have a hard time foregoing this in order to try something new. But oh, what a problem to have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Golly, John, you sure make me hungry with your soup diary. I wonder if Fables appreciates such a fan.... Mom