Friday, June 19, 2009

Thought for a Friday

I generally try to think well of everyone, but this morning someone stole my bicycle, so I'm not in a very generous mood. This quote from noted novelist James Fenimore Cooper kind of reflects what I'm thinking today:

"They who have reasoned ignorantly, or who
have aimed at effecting their personal ends
by flattering the popular feeling, have boldly
affirmed that "one man is as good as another";
a maxim that is true in neither nature,
revealed morals, nor political theory."

3 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Bummer on the bike - I would gather you had it locked up someplace and it just got cut off? or was it at home and someone broke in and took it?
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Hi Lil Sis,
It was locked in a rack at UB, where I leave it when I head downtown on the subway. The cop I reported it to said that there are clippers out there that cut through the kind of cable lock I used. It's real bummer since I was doing a lot of riding, and I'd just had it tuned up, so it was almost effortless to ride. I guess I'll be shopping for a replacement this weekend.
Dr. John

Anonymous said...

John, There's a new shop on Bailey -North Star Bikes- (in the old Maytag storefront)We got Ben's and my bikes from there and he seems to have a nice selection.
Sally