Friday, June 19, 2009

Soup Diary 090619

I had a real quandary at the library coffee shop today, as they were offering one kind of soup which I've had before and really liked (Chicken Tortilla) and one that I had never tried but was curious about. The question was whether I should forego the sure thing, which I eventually did. The result was well worth the gamble. The soup I ordered was Spinach Gorgonzola, and it was very, very good. I was worried at first that the spinach flavor might be a little powerful, as it sometimes is in certain dishes, but not to worry-- the gorgonzola (or some other mystery ingredient) tempered the spinach flavor nicely and it was a very satisfying bowl of soup. Now the quandary next time those same two are on teh menu will be deciding which I liked better-- a nice problem to have (maybe I'll have to just get a cup od each!).

No comments: