Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Public Service Announcement

If you should ever find yourself parched on or near the University of Buffalo's Main Street (South) Campus, let me recommend what I am certain must be the world's best water fountain, pictured above. It is located in the first floor hallway of Hayes Hall, and I have been partaking of its sweet fluid for more than thirty years. Even though my visits are often separated by months or even years, it has never failed to be ice cold and to flow in a nice, high even stream with the mere push of a button. And, once you've slaked your thirst, there's almost always an interesting display of architectural models or charts nearby to peruse (Hayes Hall being home to the University's Architecture Program). I won't go so far as to say the fountain alone is worth a special trip to the campus, but if you're nearby anyway, give yourself a treat and stop by.

No comments: