Sunday, June 14, 2009

Battle of the Bands, Southwest Bracket

Thee Midniters

Continuing to list out the first round matchups in the upcoming Battle of the bands that will air on my radio show next fall, here are those comprising the Southwest Bracket. You can see the Midwest lineup here, and the Northeast contests here. Comments are welcome (but unlikely to effect changes at this point).

Bobby Fuller Four

The Byrds, "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" vs Thee Midniters, "Whittier Boulevard"
The Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations" vs Mothers of Invention, "Trouble Every Day"
The Doors, "Light My Fire" vs The Seeds, "Pushin' Too Hard"
The Eagles, "Take It Easy" vs Love "Alone Again Or"
Allman Brothers Band, "Midnight Rider" vs Bobby Fuller Four, "I Fought the Law"
Monkees, "Pleasant Valley Sunday" vs Spirit, "I Got a Line on You"
The Association, "Never My Love" vs Sir Douglas Quintet, "Mendocino"
Grass Roots, "Temptation Eyes" vs Doobie Brothers, "Black Water"

I should have the last bracket posted in a couple of days.

No comments: