Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Bike

You might recall that last week my beloved Cannondale bicycle was stolen while locked up in a rack at the University of Buffalo. I had that bike for over twelve years, and had hoped to ride it at least another twelve. But with its disappearance, I needed a replacement, and after spending a couple days test riding about ten other bikes, I bought one much like that pictured above-- a Gary Fisher Wahoo mountain bike. I haven't had a chance to ride it much since making the decision yesterday evening, but I feel like I made a good choice (I should be heading out for another ride as soon as I finish this post). I also purchased a Kryponite Lock that is several degrees of magnitude more secure (according to the salesman) than the one that must've been clipped to get at the Cannondale. So, some degree of order is restored to my universe as I once again have a two wheeler to enjoy on these lovely summer days.

No comments: