Friday, July 3, 2009

Soup Diary 090703

I want my readers to know that I "took one for the team" today in my soup selection. Once again, the Sweet Potato Poblano was on the menu at Fables (along with the Spinach Gorgonzola, another recent favorite), but I foregoed (forewent?) it in favor of something I hadn't tried before, namely the French Dip Soup. This was a hearty concoction (though not as thick as the picture above implies) of essentially French onion soup augmented with chunks of mushroom and steak. It was tasty enough, but ultimately just a slightly more robust version of onion soup, and therefore nothing really special. If my pursuit of variety means I don't taste the Poblano again this summer, I'll be kicking myself (and will likely exaggerate its perfection in my memory through the coming winter months); next time I'll just have to spring for two cups to insure at least one fully satisfactory taste experience.

No comments: