Friday, April 23, 2010

European Trip 18

Saturday night in Berlin meant a visit to Potsdamer Platz, the very modern night spot a mile or so south of the Brandenburg Gate. The plaza is filled with cafes, restaurants, clubs, and all underneath a petaled dome that constantly changes colors.

There's also a film museum (which sadly was closed when we arrived, and I never got back to check out), which had a tribute to Alien in the window.

Here's another shot of the dome, which you can see did indeed change colors from the shot above.

There was some story my friend Bill told us about the Josty coffee shop, but now I can't remember what it was. I do believe this is a rebuild, updated version of the place however.

I honestly cannot remember what this was-- it appears I was shooting down through the window (the overhead view of the guy walking along), and it appears to me some kind of museum, but the details are lost in my memory. Maybe if Ben sees this he can remind me-- any ideas?

This was a small garden club in the center of the Platz, and a reggae band was playing on the small stage. That's the singer's face partly framed by the gold dreadlocks. I'll have some more pictures from that evening tomorrow.

No comments: