Saturday, April 17, 2010

European Trip 12

Today I'm sharing some of the pictures that Ben took on our visit to Berlin. Ben has a fine eye, especially for details that I often miss. So here are a few from the Reichstag, but mostly zeroing in on some of the interesting design work embedded in its facade.

Here you see some of the decorative touches added to the entrance way, with a little closer shot below (where you also see some images incorporated into the ceiling behind the columns).

There were several detailed reliefs, like the one below, adjacent to the entryway of the building.

These last two are from the Brandenburg Gate. Until I saw Ben's photos, I didn't even notice the tail-like fixtures at the base of the columns (I was mostly looking up).

Of course, Ben got some nice shots of the top of the structure too, as in the one seen here below:

I'll be mixing in more of Ben's pictures over the coming days. Even though we were together most of the time, we occasionally had a different perspectives on what was most interesting about what we saw.

No comments: