Wednesday, April 21, 2010

European Trip 16

A few more pictures from our boat tour, starting with another view of the columned walkway that ran back along the river behind the Cathedral.

Next, a shot of one of the many bridges we passed along our route. As you can see, we weren't the only boat on the river.

We even cruised up behind the Reichstag. I think the only thing I regret missing in Berlin is going up in the dome of this building, which is supposed to have a spectacular view.

I don't remember exactly what this building was, but I believe it was a government building, many of which were clustered in teh area surrounding the Reichstag. It almost looks like a MacDonald's Playland inside.

Here's a pedestrian walkway over the river connecting the building seen in the previous shot to the other side of the river.

I think I may have posted a shot of this, the newest train station in Berlin, from another perspective earlier. It was pretty impressive (and in a later post I'll include some shots from inside, which we visited the next day).

No comments: