Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Family Blogging Quiz

Here's another cropped photo quiz. This is my Dad, and before I employed my cropping tool, you could see a particular tool in his left hand. The quiz question is: what is that tool? Put your guesses in the comments section.

Last week, I asked you to identify the four individuals in a doctored photo taken at the Powers family reunion a couple summers back. It wasn't as tough as I thought, as Sara B. nailed it on the first guess (id'ing Helen, Catie, Cousin Mike and his son Nick). Well done Sara-- I hope you'll be a regular contributor from now on. Good luck to all on this week's teaser!

11 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
It sure looks like you took dad by surprise (lol). And you got him smoking his pipe =) I still have a small pouch of some of his tobacco he gave me after mixing his "blend". I will take it out and smell it now and again and it so brings him back to me =). I would have to say that he would be holding one of his clamps getting ready to put something together.
Lil' Sis

Anonymous said...

I guess he's standing at his lathe.
Sally

T said...

It looks to me like he may be holding his lighter.

T

Anonymous said...

Probably a screw driver - there sure were enough of them out there. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok I will guess a hammer. It looks like he is standing in front of the oven in the kitchen to me.
Catie.

John Hajduk said...

Lotsa good guesses so far, but no one has gotten it right, so feel free to jump in again (or for the first time, as the case may be). One hint (though I'm not sure it will really help anyone): Catie is right, this was taken in the kitchen at 74 Penarrow. Good luck.
Dr. John

Anonymous said...

How about a level?
Catie

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll try again. Since he is in the kitchen, he may be holding a knife. Mom

Lil' Sis said...

How about a paint brush.
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Still no right answer. A little hint: he is definitely holding a tool, but it's not exactly a tool on the order of what you've been guessing so far. You've still got almost 24 hours to try again!
Dr. John

Lil' Sis said...

Since he is smoking his pipe I would guess he is holding a pipe cleaner that he just used. =)
Lil' Sis