Saturday, August 22, 2009

Soup Diary 090822

I was in Bozeman this afternoon and ended up having lunch at a place called the Soup Shack, which I'd never been to before. The menu advertised four regular soups and up to seven daily specials, so how could I go wrong? Well, it turns out they exaggerated, and they only had three of the regulars available, and one was clam chowder (which is an automatic skip for me), so it was between Grandma's Chicken and Roasted Tomato Basil. As you can tell from the above photo, I went with the latter. It was pretty good, obviously homemade, but a little bland, and I couldn't help but be disappointed that there weren't a couple more interesting options. I guess I shouldn't complain-- the BLT I had with the soup was really good. Maybe next time (and I do anticipate going back) I'll get lucky and find something really exciting on the menu. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: