Monday, August 17, 2009

Heroes of the Small Screen

In honor of my visit to Roslyn (see previous post), I thought I'd pay tribute to one of my favorite characters from Northern Exposure: Chris Stevens (aka Chris in teh Morning). In many ways, his radio show was a model for what I wanted to do with my own program, at least in the fairly free-form approach to putting together a show. Of course, he was also Cicely's resident artist, producing all manner of events that dazzled the denizens of that small Alaska town. At the start of this clip, you'll hear Chris deliver a voice-over as the polls open on election day, then see him arrive to soak in the atmosphere, even though as a convicted felon he has lost his own right to vote. It makes for a nice summary of his character, and the part he played in the ensemble of the show:

No comments: