Thursday, August 20, 2009

Soup Diary 090820

This is the first time in this series where I will address some soup that I actually made myself. A couple days ago, I cooked up a big pot of chicken noodle. I'm starting easy here, and will eventually work up to something more exotic. It would be immodest for me to praise my own efforts, but I will say that it came out totally edible, and I'm even looking forward to eating the concoction several times over the rest of the week (I made a really big pot). The key to my success, such as it is (and not evident in the photo above, which I found on-line), is that I added red and green sweet peppers to the mix, as well as some crushed garlic (but not too much-- I get tired of overly garlicky food). Since I only had to satisfy myself with this batch, I have to rank it a complete success. We'll see if, once I get a bit more ambitious, I can uphold that standard.

No comments: