Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Frisbee Golf

Last Friday Richard and I played 18 holes of frisbee golf (aka disk golf or frolf) at the Game Farm Wilderness Park in Auburn. This was the third or fourth time we've played (about once a year or so), and it is always a great time. The course is heavily wooded, which means that there are a lot of obstacles (trees, mainly) to challenge you in setting up a fling; but also that walking the course is akin to taking a not-too-rigorous hike through the woods. We were out early so that there were not many others playing, which made for a very relaxing game. We didn't keep score-- which is a good thing since I think Richard would've completely trounced me-- and that added to the leisurely pace of the morning. Bonus: although my shoulder was a bit stiff the next morning, it didn't hurt! I can't wait to get out and play some more; maybe if the weather cooperates, at Thanksgiving time.

No comments: