Sunday, August 9, 2009

Soup Diary 090809

I think I previously noted that I first started ordering soup regularly in restaurants because it was always brought out quickly, and when you're hungry, that's a big factor. Yesterday I was in Butte and really hungry when I went with friends to the Five Signs diner. This is not the kind of
place I would expect anything of a gourmet bent, and so the choices of Chicken Noodle and Chili Mac were no surprise. I was surprised though that the Chili Mac was as tasty as it was-- loaded with elbow macaroni drenched in a creamy, tangy chili (though no cheese, as pictured above, which wasn't missed). I gobbled it down, and sure enough: hunger was immediately abated, though I still had a Mexican omelet to come. I have to say, I'm quite gratified that my first cup of soup back in Montana was so good-- it gives me hope for the coming months.

No comments: