Friday, June 25, 2010

Three Photos

This evening I went back up to Niagara Falls (American side this time) along with the Rosieks to take Andromeda for a walk and shoot a few pictures. These three were taken near the Three Sisters Islands in the rapids overlooking the Horseshoe Falls.

I'm really starting to get the hang of taking photos at dusk/night by leaving the shutter open a long time. In the shot above, I over compensated on aperture setting so that it actually looks like a daylight shot (that's Ben getting a little too close to the rushing water for comfort).

Since the evening was virtually windless, I was able to capture fairly sharp images of the bushes on the shore, while the rapids themselves appear as a wonderful blur. I think I had the shutter open a full two seconds on this one. More experiments to come (I just ordered a special filter to allow me to shoot long exposures in the daytime).

No comments: