Saturday, June 26, 2010

Soup Diary 100626

I was trying to think how many different dishes I've ever had that included pumpkins among the ingredients. All I could come up with was pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. I don't think pumpkin seeds really count in this regard. But as of yesterday I can add Pumpkin Bisque to the list, as I enjoyed a bowl of that concoction at Fables Cafe. It tasted pretty much like what you might expect-- a somewhat runnier version of the filling of a pumpkin pie, though with a little rice and green onion added to the mix. It was more interesting than good, at least to my palette, and I think the odds of my ordering it again, should the opportunity arise, are slim. But I'm glad I tried it once, if only to add it to the aforementioned short list. In fact, now I'm wondering if there even are any other culinary uses for pumpkins-- if not, I guess that explains why so many are available for jack-o-lanterns come Halloween.

No comments: