Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soup Diary 100613

One of my favorite soups at Fables Cafe is the Creamy Black Bean, which is a great example of the artistry to be achieved through simplicity. So I was a little wary of the Black Bean with Chorizo Corn Chowder I ordered on my last visit-- it seemed to go a bit overboard with cramming ingredients into the title, making me wonder if it wouldn't be a case of overdoing things in the execution as well. I needn't have worried. It wasn't quite the caliber of its aforementioned cousin, but it was a nice mix of its various elements, and (I think this was key), the sausage was barely evident in very fine chunks, letting the corn and beans provide the main ballast and flavor. Not great, but solid and satisfying enough that I'd certainly order it again (unless it's offered on the same day as something like the Creamy Black Bean).

No comments: