Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three Photos

These are three random photos I took over the past few days that. I think, turned out kind of good or interesting. The shot above is the condiment stand at a local institution called Louie's, where I stopped for lunch a few days ago. Their specialty, as you can glean from this image, is char-broiled hot dogs. What I like about this particular picture is the line in the sign just under the awning (click on the picture to enlarge if you can't make it out here). By the way, the red tinge is not the result of a mis-setting on my camera, but the effect created by the red-tinted shades encompassing the dining area.

This is the result of a mis-setting on my camera. It was taken in front of the Burchfield-Penney Art Center Friday night, where Sally, Ben and I attended the opening of two new exhibits (one of recent acquisitions, the other of Charles Burchfield's contemporaries in Cleveland and New York from teh 1930s and 1940s). Moving from indoors to out, I forgot to recalibrate my aperture, so got a little more light than expected, but kind of like the effect.

The same "problem" occurred here, but it kind of struck me as looking like a winter shot even though it was taken in warm, sunny weather. I may try to play around with this one on Photoshop to see if I can't enhance that effect some more, but I think it's still interesting, as is.

No comments: