Thursday, June 17, 2010

Three Photos

Here are three more pictures I've taken recently that I think turned out pretty good. The train above (stationary, in case that isn't obvious) was shot in Gowanda, New York. I gather that it was used until fairly recently as one of those day-excursion lines-- a round trip ticket bought you a nice meal and a round-trip dose of nostalgia for the good ol' days of rail travel.

Sadly, these too are relics, of the old days when Buffalo was an industrial giant. I'm pretty sure these silos in the old First Ward (definitely the one on the left) are abandoned, though at one time this area around the Buffalo River buzzed with all kinds of manufacturing, processing, warehousing, and rail lines.

This last photo is an example of my ongoing efforts to teach my self to take good night pictures. It depicts the Erie Canal, and downtown North Tonawanda on the far bank. It probably could use some cropping, but I mostly like how it turned out.

No comments: