Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Winter's On Its Way [Sigh]

The prediction is for snow-- snow!-- in Dillon on Wednesday night, which makes me realize that the lingering summer (it was over 80 yesterday) is winding down. So, here are a few random pictures I took when the weather was fine and looked like it might last forever. Above is a shot of the Erie Basin Marina cluttered with boats.

Here's a shot of one of the daily free concerts at Marine Midland Center in downtown Buffalo from back in July. I can't recall the name of the band but they were kind of a punkish polka outfit, and a lot of fun.

This was taken on the path down to Devil's Hole near the Niagara Gorge. I guess it'll be awhile now before I see those natural greens again. Time to batten down the hatches for winter, I guess.

3 comments:

T said...

I just put the furnace on, didn't want too but my nose was getting cold!

Even put sweaters on Nik & Helen under their jackets this morning.

T

Anonymous said...

The German band is the Frankfurters, I think.
I'm still holding out on the furnace, but the flannel sheets are going on the bed!
Sally

John Hajduk said...

Sally,
Yes, I think it was the Frankfurters as a matter of fact. I called them punkish because their style was kind of aggressive, but then, for a polka band I guess that's a relative term. I actually slept with the window open last night, but did add a couple of blankets myself.
Dr. John