Thursday, September 17, 2009

Soup Diary 090917

Craving a break from the homemade bean soup that fell a bit short of perfection (but which I made in such quantity that it will supplement a few more meals), I decided to heat up a cup of the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup you see displayed above. Made by Pacific Natural Foods, this is by far my favorite store-bought soup. It's rich and creamy and extremely flavorful. It's only shortcoming is that it is high in sodium (and the low sodium variety is a pale imitation of the real thing) so I don't eat it as much as I might like. I'm pretty sure that many of the restaurant soups I've sampled over recent months are also high in unhealthy stuff, but since they don't list nutritional info anywhere on the bowl, I can plead ignorance and dig in. Hey, maybe that's the flaw in my bean soup, which doesn't have anything bad in it. Maybe when I heat a little up tomorrow, I'll toss in some bacon bits and see if it doesn't come alive!

No comments: