Saturday, September 12, 2009

Soup Diary 090912

I bet I've been to Wendy's about a thousand times over the years, and only once did I order a hamburger. Usually when I stop, it's because I have a craving for a quick, cheap cup of chili (though the spicy chicken sandwich is pretty good too). Today was such a day. It's not that the chili is outstanding by any stretch, but it's consistently good and if you crumble some crackers into the mix, you get a pretty hearty lunch. There's a rumor that Wendy's may be opening a restaurant in Dillon (I visited the Butte location today), which would probably have the effect of doubling how often I eat out in town. Actually, I'm probably better off if my visits are somewhat intermittent, as I doubt the tastiness is matched by nutritional value.

In other soup-related news: I purchased a blender today, for the sole reason that half the soup recipes I've found recently require blending at some stage of preparation. I'm hoping to do some experimenting in the next few days, and I'll be sure to post a report.

No comments: