Sunday, July 25, 2010

Soup Diary 100725

For some reason over the past couple of weeks, Fables has been recycling soups that already appeared on their menu in recent weeks. Normally, once something appears, it can be months before it shows up again (I, regrettably, haven't encountered Sweet Potato Pablano since last summer). Luckily, they almost always have a choice of three, and even though Pumpkin Bisque and Sweet Potato Chorizo were back again on my last visit, they did also offer Lasagna. That's Lasagna soup, not the pasta dish. It was pretty good, quite rich, but didn't really taste much like Lasagna to me, though it had most of the same ingredients (in a thin, tomato-y broth). It's the kind of hearty soup that would really hit the spot on a cold winter's day, but on a hot and unbelievably muggy afternoon, it somehow seemed out of its element. See how spoiled I've become? I want something new, great, and seasonal on every visit. Do I deserve any less?

No comments: