Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Three Photos (Fourth of July)

In what has become an annual tradition, I spent the Fourth of July with family at my sister Theresa's house for a barbecue, after which we all tramped down to Niawanda Park on the mighty Niagara River for fireworks. Before that show, the big band group Sugar and Jazz played a bunch of sweet and swing classics from the forties (attracting some rather youngish fans to the style, as seen above). My brother-in-law Tom's nephew Brian plays trumpet in the group, but he's hidden here behind the guy with the leopard skin sax.

By twilight, quite a crowd had gathered along the river, and a lot of boaters were staking out spots on the river to catch the show too.

I've resigned myself to taking less than satisfactory pictures of the fireworks-- they just don't come alive on the flat screen without the attending booms! But this one gioves some idea of what we saw that night.

No comments: