Thursday, July 22, 2010

Soup Diary 100722

I've been informed that it is "dishonest" of me to post pictures I find on the web to illustrate these little soup reviews, since they often do not match exactly with the stuff I describe. Well, I'm going to keep on doing it, because I don't always have a camera with me when I indulge my soup tooth, and I think the pictures add a nice touch to the posts. However, today, I am happy to report that the above photo is in fact an actual depiction of the bowl of Gazpacho I enjoyed yesterday at a place called Aladdin's in Rochester. It does not in any way exaggerate the heaping-- normally it's be almost impossible to employ that adjective to soup-- helping that appeared before me moments after placing my order. This was not just a magnificent, and unexpected, portion, but also a magnificent flavorful treat for my palate. As you can see, it was a mass of diced tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions and cilantro in a tangy vegetable broth. I would go well out of my way to have this stuff again, and am already looking forward to my next visit, though realistically it may be months away. Yes, I'm still smacking my lips just looking at that picture. Yum yum.

No comments: