Monday, July 12, 2010

Four Photos

It was back to my regular picture-taking stomping grounds at Niagara Falls earlier today. My focus was no so much on the Falls themselves, as other parts of the park, and I think these four pictures turned out pretty well. Above you see the Rainbow Bridge in the background, but I was more interested in how the light of the setting sun made for a bunch of two-toned trees.

You can actually see the edge of the American Falls in this shot, but again, I was trying to capture the brown and green of the tress and lawn in the foreground. Also, working with a filter and keeping the shutter open for about two seconds rendered all the moving people by the edge invisible.

If you look closely at this shot, bust about every person in it is either holding a camera and taking a picture, or posing for picture. I thought that was kind of interesting.

I was hoping for a nice sunset, but the clouds were a little too think this evening; but I did like how they seemed to mirror the tree lines in this particular shot.

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I don't know why but these photos (and several from odd previous posts) really remind me of those old hand colored photos produced in the late 19th and early 20th century. I always liked them - Like these too! Keep up the good work
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
I get that effect from an ND Filter which allows me to keep the shutter open for a second or two even in bright light, which makes the colors richer (and accounts for a bit of blurriness as well if there's some wind).
Dr. John