Sunday, July 11, 2010

Four Photos (Erie Trip)

I spent the past couple of days down in Erie, PA with Sally, Tom, Natalie, Ben and Andromeda. Most of our time was spent along the Lake Erie shore in one spot or another and here are a few phhotos chronicling the trip. We start with the shot above of Natalie and Andromeda taking a break from packing up the car.

Here are several members of our crew on the pier near the Amphitheater down on the edge of Erie's harbor. Andromeda was anxious to take a swim, but this spot looked a bit dangerous, so she had to wait.

Here are Tom and Ben just after they disembarked from the ferry which carried them across channel to Presque Isle State Park (the girls and I drove the car around to meet them here, near the Old Waterworks).

Last is a picture of Sara, Natalie and Andromeda taken from the tower that sits on the waterfront near the maritime museum (and the absent flagship from Commodore Perry's famous Lake Erie fleet). I used a zoom, so it doesn't appear to have been taken from a great height, but I was probably a couple hundred feet above them at the time. I'll probably post a few more shots of the trip once I have a chance to go through all my pictures.

No comments: