Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Catie! (Friday Family Blogging)

Today is my sister Mary Catherine's birthday-- I won't say which one, though I have to say it sure doesn't seem possible (and I mean that in the most complimenatary way). Here are a few pics of Catie through the years to commemorate the occasion:

Ah yes, I recognize the distinctive uniform of St. Edmund's in this picture-- every girl in the school wore the same thing for eight years. Luckily Catherine makes it work.

This was taken at Gramma's house during one of our frequent family get-togethers. I'm guessing the smile is the result of downing a few of Gramma's Swedish meatballs (?).

Here's Catie with Theresa and friend Carolyn. I think Dad let them pose on the bike, but I don't think he ever let them actually drive it.

Catie and Mom playing gin at the kitchen table-- a regular sight around the house for quite awhile before Catie moved out to the Great Northwest.

This photreveals how little Sara came by her love of swinging naturally, as Mom (Catie) had her in the saddle at an early age.
Happy Birthday Catherine-- and many many more to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John thanks for the photo's the kids and I are enjoying them. Just a side note the first picture is from Kindergarten at Millsteam school. The distictive uniform from St. Edmunds was the ever popular brown plaid!!

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
I was going to add that the collar of the first dress would not have been allowed at St Edmunds... Maybe one of Mom's homemade jumpers that she had on =) Great Pics!
Lil' Sis

Anonymous said...

You girls have sharp eyes. I did make that little jumper for Sara and all four of you wore it in Kindergarten.

Happy Birthday, Catie. Was it Sara's wedding that you wore that smashing black velvet with the gold skirt?

And John, you are right - Dad never let any of you drive that bike, though he did take Theresa on a trip down to Johnstown, Pa. once. Mom