Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Classic Comic Strip

I don't know a lot about the strip Etta Kett, except that it was one of several that started out capitalizing on the flapper craze of the 1920s (others were Tillie the Toiler, Winnie Winkle, and even Blondie) but Mom mentioned it was one of her favorites, so I thought I would post a few examples I found on the web. Here is the sequence from the week of January 3, 1938. If you'd like to see more, you can find them at the Barnacle Press website. If you click on the following strips, they will open in a larger format and be much easier to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair, John, to keep us hanging like that. Did true love triumph for Pat and the aviator????
Mom

John Hajduk said...

Mom,
That's why I gave you the web-site link(though I'm not sure if it picks up with the next day or not). Unfortunately the site did not include Sunday pages.
Dr. John